Learning that Lasts a Lifetime
A nationally accredited program designed for children ages 3 to 5 to acquire academic readiness skills through play.
At Rainbow Station we realize just how critically important the preschool years are to your child's educational and emotional development. During this formative period, we provide appropriate stimulation, education and care which lays the foundation for your child's future educational accomplishments.
Providing a loving, stable, consistent and stimulating environment is a high priority for the teachers and staff at Rainbow Station. Knowing that "play is a Child's Work", our curriculum is designed to teach language, math, science, leadership skills and values through play. We realize, like you, that confident, happy, successful children enter kindergarten with an advantage over their peers.
The Preschool at Rainbow Station offers:
- A thematic based curriculum based on the Standards of Learning.
- Learning centers designed to encourage explorations of science, math and literary concepts.
- Classrooms arranged to promote independence and leadership skills
- Teacher created lesson plans that foster pre-literacy skills, vocabulary building, leadership, and values education.
- Classroom computers with age appropriate activities
- Monthly community field trips to enhance theme based learning opportunities.
- Extracurricular activities including movement or Physical Education, Music, and Spanish.
- Classroom placement based on the academic calendar
- Scheduled parent teacher conferences to discuss student progress based on classroom assessments and developmental evaluations.
- Classroom portfolios
- Family Style dining experiences to practice manners education and conversations skills while promoting healthy eating habits and portion size.
- Brainworks – student led lessons incorporating problem based learning