What is Brainworks™?
Brainworks™ is Rainbow Station's project-based learning imitative in preschool classrooms. Four and five year olds have a natural curiosity about the world around them and Brainworks™ allows teachers to take to focus this curiosity on long term, child directed projects.
Teachers use inquisitive questioning to determine classroom interest thus acknowledging and valuing children's ideas and input. Teacher and students collaborate to create and document a project from start to finish. Brainworks™ enables children to:
- Utilize Critical Thinking Skills
- Interpret and Evaluate Data
- Employ Research Skills
- Collaborate with Others
- Participate in a Hands on Process
- Focus on Real World Situations
- Validate and Build Upon Their Interest and Knowledge